CSCS Tests and Cards
CSCS cards show that cardholders working in construction and labour based professions have the required training and qualifications to be working there safely and effectively. There are millions of individuals in the UK that own a CSCS card and most major building sites, contractors, and homebuilders require their employees to hold a valid CSCS card as evidence that they are skilled in their work environment and committed to safety.
Earning the CSCS card requires the completion of a brief test, to prove that those claiming the card have the required knowledge and skills to be safe and effective in the workplace. Not only is the CSCS card required in many construction based job roles it can be beneficial to hold one even when working for an employer that does not demand it – having earned one can show commitment and care towards the job. Due to the wide range of construction and labour based professions there are a number of different types of CSCS tests and cards that are available.
CSCS tests and cards have recently changed and introduced a new qualification that is required to earn a CSCS card if you’re working in a labour based occupation. This replaces the green Construction Site Operative (CSO) card and requires the Level 1 Award in Health & Safety in a Construction Environment.
SMARTT has recently launched the opening of the brand new CSCS test centre in Consett, County Durham. This centre offers testing facilities for those wishing to earn a CSCS card and is a CSCS approved testing centre.
CSCS Tests and Cards available at SMARTT North East
- CPCS renewal test
- Health, safety and environment test for operatives
- Health, safety and environment labourer test + level 1 award
- Health, safety and environment test for managers and professionals
- Health, safety and environment specialist demolition test
- Health safety and environment specialist HVACR heating and Plumbing
- Health safety and environment specialist HVACR ductwork
- Health safety and environment specialist highway works test
- Health safety and environment specialist lifts and escalators test
- Health safety and environment specialist HVACR test pipefitting and welding
- Health safety and environment specialist plumbing or gas test
- Health safety and environment specialist HVACR test refrigeration and air conditioning
- Health safety and environment HVACR test services and facilities
- Health safety and environment specialist supervisors test
- Health safety and environment specialist tunnellingtest
- Health safety and environment specialist working at height test
- Triple bar nuclear new build sites
- Card colours
- Card colours continued
- £19.50 for the health safety and environment tests and the triple bar nuclear new build sites test.
- CPCS tests cost £25 for 1-5 modules a further £25 will be charged if you take more than five modules
*Please note all tests will incur an admin charge of £12.50
- CSCS cards cost £40 (you may apply for your own card)
*Please note No CSCS card will be issued unless you have full evidence of the relevant qualification.
Payment accepted, Bank Transfer, PayPal, Cheque/Postal Order, Cash payment (please note; under no circumstances tests can be taken unless full payment has been received and cleared)
Mon – Fri: 9am-5pm
Sat: 9am -12pm (Pre-booked tests only)
For more information about CSCS tests and cards please visit the CSCS Website, if you wish to book a test please contact us via the SMARTT Website , the CSCS Facebook page, or by calling us on 01207 297353