Training Assessment Quality and Assurance Awards TAQA
Training Assessment Quality and Assurance Awards TAQA form part of the Learning and Development Qualifications. TAQA are qualifications that will equip a wide range of assessors, trainers, facilitators and teachers to support learners. Training Assessment Quality and Assurance Awards TAQA, were developed by LLUK to replace the A1 and A2 assessor awards and the V1 internal verifier award which expired on 31 December 2010. These practitioner qualifications are designed to support the assessment and quality assurance of all new QCF qualifications including: Apprenticeships, Functional Skills, Technical Certificates, NVQ’s, Management/Leadership Awards, and Diplomas.
What are the main differences between A1 and V1 and the TAQA qualifications?
• The TAQA qualifications have been written for QCF so are credit rated,
written on the QCF template, and have QCF levels – which differ from NVQ
levels and are available as awards and certificates
• There are mandatory knowledge-only units in each of the qualifications
• They are open to anyone who is carrying out assessment and quality
assurance roles – not just for those working with NVQs
• They have been developed for those working in accredited learning, non accredited
learning, the NQF and the QCF and can be used by people who
do not assess qualifications but who assess competence in the workplace
• There is a unit specifically designed for assessors who do not assess
competence in the workplace
• There is also a qualification for quality assurance staff who manage or coordinate
the work of teams of internal quality assurers.
Training Assessment Quality & Assurance Awards TAQA, is a qualification to train assessors and provide a route for individuals to understand assessment that is required to become an assessor. It provides individuals who carry out assessment and internal quality assurance roles in their organisation with the opportunity to develop and improve their practice as well as achieving a professional qualification for their roles. They have been developed for those working in accredited learning, non-accredited learning, the National Qualifications Framework (NQF) and the Qualifications and Credit Framework (QCF)..
Learners who wish to achieve these units could be assessing competence or non-competence based learning, knowledge or skills. They will select the units and qualifications that meet the requirements of what they are assessing.
There are three awards and a certificate available at Level 3 and the units can be achieved in any order and each hold a credit value on the QCF.
• Unit 1 – Understanding the Principles and Practices of Assessment (3 credits)
• Unit 2 – Award in Assessing Competence in the Work Environment (6 credits)
• Unit 3 – Award in Assessing Vocationally Related Achievement (6 credits)
• Successful completion of units 1 and 2 will gain an award in Assessing Competence in the Work Environment.
• Successful completion of units 1 and 3 will gain an award in Assessing Vocationally Related Achievement.
• Successful completion of units will gain a Level 3 Certificate in Assessing Vocational Achievement
Please contact us for further details of Training Assessment Quality Assurance Awards TAQA